Farm Bill recent news bites
May 31, 2011
Note: If you’re new to the Farm Bill, also see Farm Bill Jargon 101.
- The NSAC reports that over 50 groups signed a letter to the House Appropriations Committee in opposition to cuts in conservation contained in fiscal year (FY) 2012 agriculture appropriations bill.
- The recent budget cuts include over $1 billion from mandatory conservation spending.
- EWG responded to the cuts by highlighting the lack of cuts from subsidies to industrial grain producers.
- Civil Eats published an overview of the Farm Bill, including good and bad news.
- Civil Eats also had an overview of the nation’s first Food Policy Conference, held in Portland, Oregon.
- CFSC is asking for feedback on its Farm Bill platform.